Skip to content
- Why should I care about this sample? Is the sample itself of interest, whether 1 person (e.g., a biography-like case study) or 1,000?
- If generalisation to a broader population is intended or implied, how is the case made that the findings do generalise?
- To what extent do findings depend on participants being able to explain why they acted the way they did? People sometimes tell more than they can know.
- If the researchers state that X caused or contributed to Y, what evidence is provided that if X hadn’t been the case, then Y would have been different?
- What political agendas do the researchers and their institutions have, e.g., as influenced by who funds them?