My pronouns are they/them. Here are examples of how to use them.
- They are a social scientist.
- Ask them about the statistical package R.
- Their favourite way to get around London is by bike.
- This fabulous umbrella is theirs.
- Andi introduced themself at the meeting.
The singular “they” has been around since the 14th century. That last one – “themself” – may be unfamiliar; however, this reflexive pronoun has been around around for centuries too and has made a comeback. (I’ll forgive “themselves”, though.)
You might also be interested in my 2020 paper, Should trans people be postmodernist in the streets but positivist in the spreadsheets?, which has some thoughts on sex/gender in the context of social science.
Finally, here’s my name.pn page.